SIOUX FALLS, SD, Mar 10, 2014—In this tight economy, many homeowners are trying to cut corners, and while selling their homes, they may be trying to sell themselves instead of enlisting a real estate agent. But in actuality, having an agent is financially intelligent. Douglas Nelson, Broker/Owner of HJN Team Real Estate tells us why.
1. Market know-how: “This is one of the best things your agent can offer,” says Nelson. A seasoned agent knows your market, which will help you price accordingly—perhaps the number one most important things you can do when selling your home.
2. MLS access: An agent has access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)—a database of current homes for sale. This access works both ways. An agent or broker can list your home on the MLS, and your property info will be instantly available to agents all across your area. Additionally, your agent can search in the MLS for potential buyers.
3. Details, details, details! “Your agent is going to be a big help in getting your home ready for sale, from the big things like major home improvements, down to the details, like pointing out housing-code or zoning violations,” Nelson points out. Plus, an agent can help you fill out the paperwork you will need before you offer your home.
4. Less stress. Your agent can take on stressful or awkward tasks, like negotiating with buyers and their agents. This is extremely helpful if your buyer is demanding. “You can count on your agent ensure your sale goes smoothly, and if something does come up, they know when to call in a lawyer. to ensure that the sale of your house proceeds smoothly,” notes Nelson. Plus, often buyers are not comfortable viewing your home when you are in it, because they feel pressure and/or awkward about bringing up things they don’t like. An agent is the perfect go-between.
5. Word of mouth. Your agent has tons of connections, and can provide referrals to contractors, home inspectors and lawyers. “Most agents are always talking to other agents, which is a great resource when looking for buyers,” says Nelson.
For more information on selling your home, please contact HJN Team Real Estate at Doug@HJNTeam.com, 605-339-4456, or HJN Team Real Estate.
HJN Team Real Estate was established in 1973 on the foundations of training, technology, team effort, and most of all, trust. Our success over the years has proven that adhering to these foundations ensures long term success for our clients. Our passion is not selling homes, it is helping out clients achieve their dreams. HJN Team Real Estate continues to work as a team to provide the best customer service from the start to the finish of a real estate transaction. Whether residential or commercial, HJN Team Real Estate has the REALTOR to meet your needs.