CHANTILLY, VA, Dec 20, 2014—Looking to redo your bathroom in 2015? You're not alone! Whether you're revamping for sale or just want to sink into a spa grade tub, Scott MacDonald, President of RE/MAX Gateway has a few of the top trends for you.
1. Nature's way. While swanky tiles may have been the rage in 2014, nature will be making a comeback in 2015. Earthy materials, like stone and wood, will be making an appearance in haute bathrooms across the country this year. Upcycling will also be in this year, so look around for recycled sources. Not sure where to start? Consider using wood-look tiles or wood paneling on one wall for a pop of earthy goodness. Also, add house plants. “This year, we will see everything from potted plants to hanging gardens and even living walls,” says MacDonald.
2. Water control. One hot trend for 2015 will be minimizing water waste. There are a ton of options out there for getting the most out of your water usage. These include touchscreen operated showers, thermostatic mixers and mixers that control multiple water sources.
3. Freestanding tubs. Move over, vessel sinks! Nothing says luxury like a deep freestanding bathtub. “From round to square, there are a ton of freestanding tub options for greater relaxation and aesthetic appeal,” says MacDonald.
4. Larger showers. People will be making more shower space this year, with an increase in walk-in showers with their own walls or sheets of glass.
5. Unique lighting. A well-lit bathroom is soothing and pleasing to the eye. This year, lighting will get an upgrade with unique styles such as softer accent lights, motion-censored options for midnight toilet runs, hanging fixtures and intuitive ceiling lights.
For more real estate information, please contact RE/MAX Gateway at firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-652-5777, or RE/MAX Gateway.